Six Steps to Keep your Pets Teeth Healthy
Check out six steps to keep your pets teeth healthy!
- Food deposits are a major cause of bad teeth and subsequent ill-health. Minimising food deposits is an essential part of looking after your pet.
- Ensure your pet is only fed once or twice a day.
- Do not allow your pet to pick at food throughout the day, pick up the meal after 5 - 10 mins if it is not finished.
- The best way for you to help your pet maintain a healthy mouth, is brushing their teeth on a regular basis to reduce plaque build up and gingivitis. You should use a special toothbrush and toothpaste designed for pets. Avoid using toothpaste designed for people because your pet can't spit it out and it can upset your pet's stomach.
- Give your pet 'chew toys' and feed them hard or course textured food. This can help to remove plaque.
- Visit us for regular dental exams and professional cleaning. Talk to us about professional dental care and what you can do to keep your pet's teeth and body healthy.
Click on the links below to learn more about your pet's dental health:
- Tooth Disease
- Erosive Lesions
- Signs & Symptoms of Dental Disease
- How to Check your Pet's Teeth
- Top Tips for Brushing your Pet's Teeth
Contact us today with any queries.